Broiled Pears with Bourbon Butter SauceIngredients:
- 2 Ripe Pears
- 2 Tablespoons Balsamic Vinegar
- 1 Stick (8 Tablespoons) butter, cut in 1/2 inch bits
- 1 c. sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 c. bourbon
- Whipped Cream (Optional)
For the Pears:
For the Sauce:
- Peel and core pears.
- Cut pears in half lengthwise.
- Slice into 1/4 inch lengthwise thick slices,.
- Arrange sliced pears onto a shallow broiler pan, in one layer.
- Sprinkle with salt.
- Brush pears with balsamic vinegar.
- Place under broiler, on the lowest rack, for 5 - 7 minutes, until pears brown.
- Melt butter in double boiler (or in a metal mixing bowl placed over a pot of water.)
- In a second bowl, beat egg, then stir in the sugar.
- Over hot (not boiling) water, gradually add sugar/egg mixture to butter. Stir until sugar dissolves.
- Remove from heat after 2-3 minutes; let cool slightly before stirring in bourbon.
- Arrange pears on a plate.
- Pour warm sauce over pears.
- Top with whipped cream.
View all Articles