Why not bid goodbye to the Summer and the grilling season with a recipe that would make you the star of your next barbeque, Flank Steak with a Balsamic Marinade and a Watercress Salad. This recipe is easy to execute and allows to grill a cut of meat that is favored by many home cooks and professional chefs alike. You can substitute hanger steak or skirt steak for the flank steak as you wish; all of these cuts will give you great results.
- 1/2 Cup Balsamic Vinegar
- 1/4 Cup of Olive Oil
- Sprigs of Fresh Rosemary (Substitute 1 tsp. Dried Rosemary, if fresh is not available)
- 2 Cloves of Garlic, sliced
- 2-3 Lbs Flank Steak (substitute Skirt Steak or Hangar Steak, as desired)
- Watercress, enough for four servings
- Start by making marinade. 1/2 of a cup of Balsamic Vinegar, 1/4 of a cup of olive oil, a couple of sprigs of Rosemary and 2 cloves of garlic sliced. Salt and Pepper to taste.
- In large Zyplog bag place a 2-3 lbs cut of flank steak and pour marinade, allow to sit overnight or for about 2 hours. Refrigerate.
- About an 1/2 hour before heating up the grill( this also can be done indoors with a cast iron grill over a stove top) remove meat from refrigerator and allow the meat to come to room temp. for better grilling results.
- Once grill is ready. Grill meat to your desire temp of doneness (rare, medium rare and well done). I prefer either rare or medium rare.
- Remove from grill and let meat rest for 5 minutes. Slice thinly against the grain and serve over a simple salad of watercress, thinly sliced red onions and radish simply dress with extra virgin olive oil and few drizzles of Balsamic vinegar and salt and pepper to taste.
View all Articles