The soy in this dish makes the pork a bit fuller in body and adds another dimension to this dish.
The berry fruit of the Merlot is a refreshing character to add to the sesame and ginger character of the loin.
1½ cups soy sauce
1 cup water
5 chopped scallions (green onions)
5 cloves garlic
2 tbs chopped fresh ginger
1 tbs brown sugar
1 tbs toasted sesame seeds
1 boneless trimmed pork loin (about 1 lb)
- Mix soy, water, scallions, garlic, ginger, brown sugar and sesame in a bowl deep enough to cover the loin.
- Remove 1 cup of mixture for use later as a sauce.
- To the remainder add extra water if needed and add the loin.
- Marinate pork in sauce mixture and turn occasionally.
- Preheat the oven to 400 F and roast loin for ½ hour uncovered turning over once.
- Cover with a piece of aluminum foil for the last ½ hour and reapply some of the sauce mixture.
- When loin is almost done heat the reserved sauce and use for dipping or drizzling over the loin after slicing thinly.
- Bring pork loin to an internal temperature of 160 F. About 1 hour.
View all Articles