The lemony flavors of the wine will complement the citrus used in the marinade and won’t overpower the light bodied scallops.
- 10-20 Fresh Scallops depending on size
- 3 tbs Chopped Cilantro
- Juice of 3 limes
- 1-2 tsp Chili Powder or Chipotle Powder (better if you can find it!)
- Blend the lime juice with the chili powder and chopped cilantro.
- Toss scallops in lime/chili mixture. Add water to cover if necessary and marinate for 2 hours or more.
- Grill over medium fire or sear in a hot pan until cooked through. Note previously frozen scallops will not sear! They release too much liquid while cooking, and never get a good sear.
- Serve with tortillas as an alternate to fajitas.
View all Articles