The clove in this dish brings out the spicy flavors of the Zinfandel and the wine used in the recipe contributes to the flavor of these savory ribs.
- 1 pound of pork spareribs
- 1 onion sliced
- 1 lemon sliced
- ¾ cup Zinfandel (or other red wine)
- ¼ cup red wine vinegar
- ½ cup water
- 4 tsp brown sugar (2 tsp for marinade and 2 tsp for finishing sauce)
- 1 tsp garlic
- 3 tbs butter
- ½ tsp ground clove
- Mix all ingredients in a bowl or shallow pan.
- Marinate ribs 1-2 hours.
- Preheat oven to 450F.
- Place ribs in shallow pan with marinade and cover with aluminum foil tightly.
- Cook 15 minutes.
- Decrease temperature to 350F and cook 1½ hours.
- After done take 1 cup of the marinade and heat it in a saucepan with 1 teaspoons garlic,3 tablespoons butter and 2 teaspoons brown sugar.
- Whisk at moderate heat until sauce thickens and reduces to half its volume.
- Serve ribs with this sauce ladled on top.
View all Articles