- 2 lbs. Flank steak
- 4 cloves chopped garlic
- 1 cup soy sauce
- 1 bunch Chives, chopped
- 4 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- Coarse Ground Black Pepper
- 1 cup dry red wine
- Salt to taste
- Make small cross-grain cuts on top of Flank Steak, about 1” apart.
- Rub in chives, garlic, pepper, and salt.
- Put steak in heavy duty zip-lock bag along with soy sauce and wine.
- Marinate overnight, or at least 3 hours.
- Heat a heavy skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add olive oil and flank steak (uncut side down).
- Cooking time will depend on how you prefer your meat. Sear the outside, keeping the inside moist and juicy.
- Generally 10 minutes for the bottom and 5 minutes for cut side.
- When done, remove to a carving board.
- Slice Cross-grain about ½” thick.
Serve on warm plates with a green salad and warm French bread.
View all Articles