A northern Italian style chop.
- 2 T butter
- 2 T olive oil
- 4 center cut pork chops
- 4-6 sage leaves
- 1 cup canned peeled chopped plum tomatoes
- Salt and Pepper
- Melt butter in olive oil, over medium heat, in a pan large enough to hold four pork chops.
- Salt and pepper chops.
- Coat chops in flour.
- Brown each side, about 4 minutes a side.
- When butter starts to foam, cook about 4 more minutes.
- Add sage leaves and chopped tomatoes.
- Lower heat to medium low.
- Cover and cook for about one hour, turning several times. Cook until chops are tender.
Serve over mashed potatoes or polenta.
View all Articles