- 6 large chicken breast halves with skin and bones
- 5 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large bell pepper cut into half-inch pieces
- 1 pound sliced fresh button mushrooms
- 1 clove Garlic
- 2 cups chopped white or yellow onions
- 1 cup Chardonnay
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1 teaspoon each: fresh basil, oregano, and thyme, finely chopped.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Heat 2 tablespoons olive oil in large skillet over medium heat.
- Add chicken breasts, skin side down.
- Add salt and pepper, garlic and herbs.
- Sauté until skin is browned.
- Transfer chicken, skin side up into 15x10x2-inch glass baking dish.
- Heat remaining 3 tablespoons of olive oil in same skillet over medium heat.
- Add bell pepper, mushrooms, garlic and onions.
- Sauté until vegetables are tender and mushrooms begin to brown.
- Add wine and boil for 2 minutes.
- Add herbs and chicken broth; bring to boil.
- Pour over chicken and cover dish with foil.
- Bake for 25 minutes.
- Uncover and bake for another 15 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through and sauce has thickened.
View all Articles