With its full body, Chardonnay can be an ideal wine with lighter meats like pork. These dumplings have a richness resulting from the oil used to fry them, so they are a perfect match with the bright acidity of Chardonnay.
- 8 oz ground pork or any other meat/fish filling
- 1 package wonton wrappers or gyoza wrappers
- 1 tbs minced ginger
- 1 tbs minced garlic
- 2 tbs finely chopped green onions
- 1 cup of finely chopped Napa cabbage
- ¼ cup water chestnuts chopped
- 2 tbs soy sauce
- 2 tsp corn starch
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 3 tbs cooking oil
- 1 egg white
- 1 tbs toasted sesame seeds
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 3 tbs soy sauce
- Cook cabbage for 1-2 minutes in enough water to cover the bottom of the pan.
- Remove from heat and drain water.
- Saute pork in olive oil until cooked.
- Add ginger, garlic, sesame seeds, onions, chestnuts, cabbage, soy, corn starch and mix until blended and remove from heat.
- Brush wonton wrapper with egg white.
- Add one spoonful of mixture.
- Fold bottom of wrapper over top and seal into a half crescent.
- Tighten seal with fingers.
- Cook dumplings in cooking oil at medium heat flipping once until browned on one side.
Serve with dipping sauce.
- Mix ingredients together and serve with dumplings.
View all Articles