Adapted from "Fifteen Minute Meals," by Emalee Chapman
TOTAL TIME: 20 minutes
- 2 whole boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut in half, 4 ounces each
- 1/2 cup Hellmann's mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons Major Grey's mango chutney
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- Juice of 1 Meyer lemon or 1 regular lemon
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees.
- Lay the chicken flat in a medium roasting dish (either Pyrex or enamel).
- In a small bowl, whisk together the mayonnaise and sour cream. Add the chutney and curry powder and whisk until smooth. Add the lemon juice a little at a time and taste as you go. It should taste quite tangy. Stop when it is to your liking.
- Spoon the sauce evenly over the chicken.
- Place in the oven and roast until the chicken is just cooked through, about 15 minutes.
- Remove from the oven, season with freshly ground black pepper and serve.
Adapted by Beth Bay
Originally published with FOOD DIARY; Lovin' Spoonfuls
By Amanda Hesser, July 15, 2001