There is no better snack to entertain your friends and watch football on a lazy Sunday afternoon. This recipe is foolproof and requires little prep time.
- 2 Limes
- 1/4 cup of Olive oil
- Fresh bunch of Cilantro
- Fresh ground pepper and kosher salt.
- Chili flakes
- 4 Boneless chicken breast
- Corn tortillas
- Sour cream
- Monterrey Pepper jack cheese
- Medium-sized Onion
- Chipotle peppers in adobo sauce
- Start by zesting the two limes and chopping the cilantro. Place in a in a bowl and add fresh ground pepper, chili flakes, kosher salt (to taste), olive oil and juice of two limes.
- Whisk all the ingredients until the mixture resembles a bright green sauce.
- Pour marinade directly over chicken breast. Allow chicken to marinade for at least 1 hour.
- In a medium-size sauté pan add two tablespoons of olive oil, the onions and chipotle peppers, then cook for 5 Minutes or until onions are translucent.
- Place large grill pan directly over a medium flame, brush a bit of olive oil or butter over the warm grill pan.
- Remove chicken breast from the marinade and shake off any excess marinade. Place directly over grill pan. Grill chicken breast until fully cooked. To achieve diamond pattern on chicken slightly rotate each breast a 45-degree angle.
- Once chicken is cooked allow it to rest for a couple of minutes and then thinly slice.
- To assemble each Quesadilla, place tortilla on a round medium-size skillet, add a handful of shredded cheese, thickly slice chicken breast and a final layer of sautéed onions and chipotle peppers. Place a second tortilla over to enclosed all the ingredients and flip on each side after 2 minutes of cooking. This allows cheese to melt and ingredients to come together.
- Remove from pan and top with fresh guacamole, sour cream or pico de gallo.
This dish pairs magically with a crisp, dry CAVA such Raventos i Blanch Reserva Brut 2009.
Enjoy and cheer for your favorite football team!!
Oscar Garcia 1/9/13