We only ship liquors (cognac, rum, vodka etc...) within New York. However, wines can be shipped to almost any state in the country. Please see our Shipping Policy
Gambas La Gitana
results 1-4 of 4
- Kosher or sea salt
- Fresh cracked pepper
- Pimentón (smoked Paprika)
- Large, fresh shrimp
- A handful of garlic cloves
- La Gitana Manzanilla Sherry (Bodegas Hidalgo)
- Make a seasoning mix with the sea salt and smaller amounts of cracked pepper and Pimentón (use the shaking end of the dispenser). Stir thoroughly with a fork.
- Lightly smash the garlic cloves with the side of a chef’s knife and pull the skins off.
- Peel the shrimp by grasping the tail with one hand and pulling the shell off with the other. Use a knife to clean away the black strip on the back of the shrimp, rinse under water briefly.
- Heat some decent (Virgin, at least) olive oil in a pan; let it get hot (shimmering, but not smoking). Add the garlic cloves, turning them if necessary to avoid scorching.
- Season both sides of the shrimp with the seasoning mix and add to the pan. Sear them until one side starts to cook (opaque), then turn them.
- When the shrimp are golden brown, take them out of the pan and set them to the side.
- Add a splash of La Gitana to the pan with the garlic and stir. Add the spinach and a dash of salt and stir, until the spinach is wilted.
- Place the spinach and garlic on a large serving platter (or plate them individually); arrange the shrimp on top.
Pour yourself and your guests some more Sherry and enjoy them all together!
Jonathan Jenkins 1/3/13