Here is a wonderful recipe for 'silk workers brain' a traditional dish from the city of Lyon! It is a herbed cheese spread that is wonderful as a mid day snack, part of a picnic dinner, or a perfect appetizer.
- 2/3 cup fromage blanc
- 1/3 cup crème fraîche
- 1 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp walnut oil
- ½ small shallot, very finely chopped
- ½ small clove garlic finely chopped
- ½ tbsp chopped chives
- ½ tbsp fresh tarragon, chopped
- ½ tbsp fresh chervil, chopped
- 1 small pinch salt
- Mix the Fromage Blanc and the Creme Fraiche.
- Beat that mixture well.
- Add the vinegar and walnut oil.
- Fold in the herbs, garlic, shallots and salt.
- Beat well once more.
Serve cold with warm crispy baguettes.