Tisí The Season: Life is Better in Magnums
Large format bottles of Champagne are just perfect for the Holiday Season. And, if you ask me, there’s always a “magical” moment when you open a Magnum (1.5 Liters), Jereboam (3 Liters) or Methuselah (6 Liters) in presence of your friends and family. So, whether you are the always-gracious-host or the perfect-party-guest, go BIG and choose bottles of Champagne in large formats. Below, I'm sharing my top 5 large format bottles which have served me over the years to “wow’ and entertain my family and friends.
1. Delamotte NV Brut Blanc de Blancs Magnum 1.5L: Small bubbles with a linear flow. 100% Chardonnay masterly crafted to perfection. Serve with an amuse bouche of Smoked Salmon with a touch of crème fraiche.
2. Taittinger La Francaise NV Brut 3L Jereboam : Blending Chardonnay, Pinot Noir and Pinot Meunier, this famed house has withstand the test of time. Brilliantly dry and refreshing. Gold hues jump off the glass. Medium-bodied with a harmonious finish. Pair with a smoked trout salad with a pomegranate dressing.
3. Lanson Champagne NV Brut Black Label 1.5L Magnum: “Lanson Black Label is a balanced alliance of power and elegance, freshness and complexity. It has the taste of spring and subtle hints of long-lasting honey-dew. Notes of ripe and citrus fruits give a sensation of lightness and fullness with a long, fresh finish. Black Label is perfect as an aperitif and a call to celebration.” –winery notes
4. Krug Champagne Grande Cuvee 1.5L Magnum: The ultimate champagne for any spectacular party. My suggestion: dress code required. Simply an overabundance of sensory experiences. Pair with small Duck confit rolls with a drizzle of mango vinegar.
5. Drappier Champagne Carte d’Or NV Bru 1.5L Magnum: Skip your entrees wines and serve this cuvee instead. Never use a flute go with a nicely stemmed glass to showcase the best qualities of the wine. Pair with Medium rare filet mignon with a light aioli sauce.
Cheers! And, remember: Life is always better in magnums
- Oscar Garcia, Champagne Buyer